PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Song and dance over 'ageist' Virgin
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2004, 08:43
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might I suggest to you that those younger, prettier people might have less in the way of inhibitions, and therefore perform better in those exercises you speak of. By doing so, VB get the people they are after, and have a seemingly logical explanation for it.
To be fair, also a good point. Perhaps a better way to look at it would be not necessarily that they are discriminating, but maybe they need to include a range of activities in their behavioural competency studies, that allow different age groups to feel 100% comfortable? Admittedly I was recruited over 3 years ago, so have not been through their recruitment in the recent past, but from what I have heard its still a fairly similar process.

Do I want to be surrounded by 55 year old boilers. No - but I am, unfortunately.
Sorry to hear that

But I would like to see the statistics on just how many FAs VB has over the age of 30. Because I spend a great deal of time observing them, probably more than is healthy really, but I havent yet observed one over 30.
Percentage wise I could not tell you... but I can tell you that I am often mistaken for being older than 30, which I am most certainly not! I can also tell you that we would have, at a guess, at least 100 over the age of 30. A small percentage, well yes - but not a small number...

Ralph The Bong:
current bunch of dim-witted eye-candy at Virgin
Where does that leave me? I am most certainly not eye-candy (ie I am a guy) and definately not dim-witted (sometimes a bit slow, but I still get there! ) Perhaps I am working for the wrong company?