PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Song and dance over 'ageist' Virgin
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2004, 23:54
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conversely, Wiz, a "huge" amount of time spent with a company doesn`t necessarily equate to "huge experience" - or it may be "huge experience" not particularly relevant to another operator`s operating procedures.
Kapt M I agree completely! Whilst experience is often a very good characteristic for a person to have when applying for a (any) job, thats not always the case. From working in this industry, I have learnt, and strongly believe, that experience does not necessarily equate to competence. There are most certainly times when it does.. in fact I would have to say the majority of the time - but NOT always.

VB have employed "senior" ex-AN F/A`s in the past, no doubt realising they had something to offer.
Agreed again Kaptin! I know for a fact that there are significant numbers of ex-AN f/a's flying for DJ.

Hope this whole mess gets cleared up... I got rejected by another airline that I applied for - most probably because I am Male (and no folks it was not the US carrier 'Hooters'), but I took it on the chin and moved on...