PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GWA's rip off cadet scheme
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2004, 23:30
Marauder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reality check due here

Look at the job below GWA

Quote:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KING AIR B200 PILOTS
Pearl Aviation seeks qualified pilots for various NT bases. Min 2500TT, 750 M/E Command, 100 M/E Night Command, min valid CIRS, ATPL. Applications by 20/8/04 to: Theo den Haan, PO Box 500, Kelmscott, WA 6991, or email [email protected]

Qualified Pilots Implication: No endorsement no job.

At GWA pay for endorsement, have a (casual) job.

At VB no B737 endorsement – no job,

At VB supply (buy) B737 endorsement- base check required, fail twice- no job $25K+ down the gurgler

Jetstar, when recruiting from the masses the same.

Do Rex charge for part of their recruitment process, any answers?.

Fact is good old days, QF would fly you to Sydney on the Domestic leg of an International Service (before the merger), accommodate you (cheaply), run you through he processes then fly you home, ah memories.

Now buy 2+ return tickets from West Coast(or wherever) to Sydney for Qantas Selection process, plus accommodation in Sydney, plus $165:00 for S & P.

I would suggest that it would cost somewhere between $750:00 and $7000:00 by the time that the process is complete and not necessarily successfully.

Bottom line is you have a choice, if you don’t want to be part of it, don’t, simple really (although decline more politely than some here have suggested, you never know if you will cross paths again in the future, and circumstances have changed).

If you want it, take it, don’t whinge.

I am not justifying this instance, but as I pointed out at the beginning, reality check.

BTW the 2000 hour requirement for Captains is required by CAO in relation to RPT multi crew

Last edited by Marauder; 19th Aug 2004 at 00:31.