PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building (Australia)
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2004, 23:34
dgpeers

Yup Im in the same place to guys....only in Canada this time!!

Well heres the thing ive found out....hope it helps a little and i sure do hope its right!!!!!

Basically im doing exactly the same, I have a Canadian ICAO PPL, ICAO night rating and my 300 NM cross country, I have been advised by a couple of traing places in the UK, that I should have completed before starting training for my UK ATPL the following.

ICAO PPL
ICAO Night Rating
ICAO 300 NM cross country
ICAO Multi Engine (ONLY, not MULTI IR)

Total of at least 150 hrs (All ICAO is fine)
of the 150 hrs, At least 100 hrs PIC (P1)

So Thats basically what im working towards and ive been assured thats all good, both you guys are also ICAO in Oz and New zealand i guess too.

Hope this helps a bit as ive been really confused too, sooo many long distance calls to the UK! Once the above is completed, you can get on the ATPL modular route for the frozen ATPL!

If anyone has any other better ideas or opinions....please let me know!!! and if either of you find out anything different please tell me before i hand over multiple wedges of cash ..../ credit cards!!!

After re-reading just wanted to make sure something makes sense,

Yeah so all the hrs count towards the UK CPL/ATPL as far as i know,

If you are going back to the uk to do the CPL/ATPL you dont need to convert an ICAO PPL to a JAA PPL, thats really good news, you just skip the JAA PPL in fact then end up with the JAA CPL which of course takes its place anyway, so im sure in saying you dont need to retake the skill test....

I guess the best thing tough is to check this with CCAT or something to confirm it...

hope that makes sense a bit....i think working this out is harder than the flying!!!

Last edited by dgpeers; 18th Aug 2004 at 00:04.