PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greek Summer Programme From Lba
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2004, 16:52
LBAir

Question BMIFOX......

I hope you quoted those destinations in your letters you have posted. The management cannot put it down to lack of interest, except maybe GRO when JET2.com have a daily service to BCN.
I think that the destinations you have mentioned for next year are not too much to ask, but will marketing pull their finger out. Christmas is the deadline, if they're to make a go of it.

Another area that could be exploited more is Bulgaria, BALKAN HOLIDAYS have been loyal to LBA for many years now. Bulgaria is becoming more and more popular and most of the main tour operators now offer flights there. (LBA-NOTE: from other airports) Many large hotel groups are now opening-up in bulgaria, RIU, IBERSTAR etc.

Mooncrest....

LBA in my eyes did everything possible last week. It was the worst rain I have ever known. I was told that even sand bags had been used in some areas to stop further water getting onto the runway. The floods, not uneque to the airport alone. Many local roads had been flooded including Bayton Lane, Low Lane, Scotland Lane and many other parts of Horsforth, Yeadon and Guiseley.

Just for the record TUI, the same night a tornado hit Doncaster and it wasn't of the RAF kind!!

from YORKSHIRE the place to be is the city of Leeds.