PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Massey training
Thread: Massey training
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2004, 10:43
Massey058

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Well as my name suggests I am training at Massey, very interesting viewpoints from such informed people thats for sure.

I'll be the first to admit there are many aspects of the course that I and my fellow course mates are unhappy with, but despite the difficulties we face I must say that in general I have been impressed with the academic side of things.

We don't sit ASL exams and when we have gone over them for practice i'm often glad that we don't. Equivallence means that the required pass is 70% and if you don't get that and people sometimes don't and if you then fail a resit, basically thats it you're out or back a semester if you choose to do that.

I don't have any grand illusions of immdeiately stepping from my massey training straight into a transport jet, i feel sorry for people that may have. I made the choice that I wanted a degree and the only career path that I am interested in is aviation so it just seemed natural to go to massey, I have no disrespect for any others in the training industry, they have made the choice that is right for them.

As I stated I am by no means over the moon with a few things within the school but this is what I want to do in life and it just happens Massey are providing it. It just suprises me that in an industry where I have had the oppurtunity to meet and talk with so many amazing people that there can be others like this.

Takes all people I suppose