PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KE Strike
Thread: KE Strike
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2004, 02:18
asianaav8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlantic Baron: I see you¡¯re new to PPRune as you¡¯ve only posted one thread!

I¡¯m not a stirrer as you seem to think! Was Dave Gerrard not called in to the office very soon after he submitted his letter? Within hours I believe! Did management not send out a CREWLINK message to all the signatories to Gerrard¡¯s letter?

I haven¡¯t criticized KAL or the working conditions, I have only stated facts and trust me when I say that there will be repercussions to all that were party to the letters!

Senior management are only waiting for the return of your AVP from his days off to fully address this problem.

I agree that the working conditions at KAL are probably the best there is for us contract pilots but you all agreed and accepted the terms and conditions of employment before you signed on so it¡¯s no use bitching about the conditions now. Management may have been wrong in altering terms and conditions without the agreement of the foreign pilots but this is to be expected in this part of the world.

You¡¯ve been given a portion of what the local¡¯s received as a safety bonus (approximately 30%) so why not push for the rest?

I congratulate the authors of these letters in question, but you must remember that they have very little to loose. Any former BA/Cathay/Lufthansa or Qantas pilot, only here to top up their pensions can say what they like but anyone else is treading on very thin ice!

Why only this morning (Monday 16 Aug), Messrs. Chung and Jun in your administration department were given the list of signatories (names and employee numbers) from Senior management ........... I wonder why?