PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Having to pay for Type Ratings as well!
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2004, 15:07
747 Downwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Dear.. some people get ever so excited about the most insignificant of matters, chill out

Hose: You will have to make your own decisions in life, as you can see the views on this thread are both contradictory and ambigious. One picks up The Daily Mail/Telegraph and then you pick up The Guardian, somebodies got to be wrong and you'll make your own choice. If you don't want to be a baggage handler, then don't!!!

You took this route to do a job you wanted to enjoy, I personally would NEVER become cabin crew (Flight Ops and Baggage Handler, no probs). If the likes of JOE think you're an 'arrogant p***k' as he/she (don't know whether the E on the end makes a difference to the gender.. who cares anyway) so uncouthly states, than let them, who gives a monkeys what they think.

I certainly would consider airside/airline work as it can be beneficial in the long run, but I respect that sometimes the poor pay can hinder financial stability particularly with looming loans to repay.

Work hard, make contacts, keep your ear to the ground.. preferably both if possible! Network, get those C.Vs out try to find an aviation related job whilst your driving vans. Renew the IR at the very least if that time comes round and stay confident and don't get depressed.. for sake this forum is bloody full of all sorts having a dig at each other telling others that they should feel fortunate when the person administering the castigations is having a moan themselves. What a damn contradiction, there are people dying and starving out there and all they can do is sit on their arse moaning, bogging at a flaming monitor

Well, now that's off my chest and has been said, I would suggest you speak directly to Oxford, your appear to be fiercely protective of them, WHY??

Many have disregarded the fact that Integrated an an approved college such as Oxford is of no benefit, I disagree, many airlines have taken self-sponsored low houred integrated students from Oxford, those who dispute this view are mearly resentful and in denial.

But on one last note of curiosity and perhaps you can inform me Hose, what is this APP and is it worth the £ 20000 extra you would pay for an integrated course at an approved college of equal 'excellence' such as Cabair and BAe Systems!!
You should be asking Oxford this now.. they have a duty
I look forward to your reply and all the best in the job hunting