PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Having to pay for Type Ratings as well!
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2004, 22:08
2WingsOnMyWagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Hello Hose

Well done for passing everything, I think your route to success may have been a bit pricey but different strokes for different folks and you’ve now got your licence so that’s what matters.

All I would add.... is that a type with no time is worth diddley.
I totally disagree, but that’s another thread!
If you can afford to do one then it would be an advantage for fairly obvious reasons but don’t put yourself out on the street. I don’t think it will become 'industry norm', only while supply outstrips demand. As for money, you ether borrow it off the bank or borrow through the airline (Ryanair, EasyJet, BMI Baby, etc.) if you can get on to their schemes (Lots of PROs and CONs!!! ) Have you applied to any? I know of a few who have got in.

I think age plays a part. If your getting on, then instructing may be the way to quickly build up some hours and make a few connections (but don’t believe everything you get promised!). If you’re still quite young then I would continue as you are. Instructing full time pays sod all and 1000's of hours in Cessnas and warriors is pretty counter productive so you would be better driving your van and do a bit of twin IFR flying in your spare time and possible part time instructing (if finances stretch to a rating). Things are picking up, so keep your hand in and i'm sure something will come about for you in the next 12-24 months (sounds like a long time doesn’t it )

Just as long as Mr. Laden and Co. behave everything should be fine.

Regards and keep knocking out them C.V.'s
2 WINGS