PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Having to pay for Type Ratings as well!
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2004, 15:11
joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mate, although money is tight (it is for everyone upon finishing and repayments starting) driving a van isn't exactly putting you in the networking environment.

I'm not sure where you live, but a major airport can't be that far away, get down there and get networking.

I know for a fact that there are plenty of jobs going at Manchester with a certain ground handling agent (presume elsewhere also).

Remember if its on PPjn, In flight and to an extent on pprune its often too late. Get the info from the horses mouth, and put a face to that CV.

Also have you tried CTC's ATP scheme?? I would before i spent £20000+ on a SSTR. Having said that i gather courses are booked into October now and that you wouldn't get a selection phase 2 until the new year. (Thats if you fit the requirements at phase1).

Flight Instructing???, I spoke to influential people about this option. It depends who you want to fly for. I know the ones i initially aimed my CV's at didn't see any relevance to having 1000hrs sep, to flying a jet. The old route of Instructor-Turboprop-Jet is generally dead for the majority unfortunately.

However, others such as Flybe and BACX still have a small preference for them.

Whatever you do buddy you knew it wasn't going to be easy getting a job, unless you believed your APP marketing Bu*****t. Getting the shiny licence is only a small part of getting a job.

The hard work starts now.

Just my T & C's