PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Progress tests and failing them
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2004, 21:20
buster172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you,

boeingbus2002, mattd2k, CAT3C AUTOLAND, no sponsor, Bail out, Flingingwings

It’s great to hear of other peoples experiences whilst doing the ATPL’s and a few success storied with jobs afterward. A great pick me up just having a few of the team (wannabe’s/been there done it) pat you on the back and say chin up, look at us we all did it.

I am absolutely committed to passing these exams and fully expect this course of study to be the hardest I have ever undertaken. I have a huge loan riding on this as well as a life times ambition, and without them of course I can go no further. The thing is my close friends say I am worrying too much, getting too worked up about not getting great marks in the progress tests. It makes me wonder perhaps I need to slow down, trying to do a frame a week may be too much. Its just if I’m not on the November brush up I wont be sitting the exams until February and that just seems too far way.

Certainly, no sponsor if I were to follow your advice then it would take me a lot longer than a week to get 75% in the progress tests from memory. Everyone else I have spoken to works through them open book, perhaps your method is right, or perhaps different people work in different ways. I haven’t seen a firm recommendation in the notes to suggest either way? I would love to be able to get 75% from memory at this point but feel I would take forever to get through the stuff. Is that just what it takes or as you progress and do more examples over and over it all just starts to fall into place. Mattd2k, I hope your right

Those with flying jobs a year on, congratulations, that’s just inspiring to hear and I look forward to the day I can write on these pages to some poor guy or girl in my shoes and say that yes, even I, who panicked 4 frames in got through with the help and support of the guys and girls on PPRune and BGS. I have been on these forums for a few years now and I’m only just starting to get where I want to be. I have posted many times for help and I doubt this will be my last post looking for tips or perhaps a different perspective on a subject.

I hope you don’t mind, and in my mind that’s what this forum is all about.

Thanks again for your tips and support. I have arranged to meet with a FO who flies for a local TP operator as well who’s going to try and sort me out. I need all the help I can get...clearly

Having got this far and secured a loan to fund my training if anyone would like any information on how I did it, the first hurdle for many there is a post but feel free to PM me for any extra's

All the best and good luck to the others studying away who like me might need some inspiration along the way.

Many thanks again

Regards,

Buster