PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Progress tests and failing them
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2004, 15:39
no sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Buster,

I've completed Mod 1 with BGS, and am now on Mod 2. (Only 2 months left...Hurrah!!)

The progress tests should be done from memory, not from looking through your notes, unless you really don't know something. (I'm not sure if your open-book comment means you are using notes to answer each question. If you are, I would say stop it, and try to pass the tests without reference).

I tend to do each frame, and aim to get 75% on my first attempt. Most of the time I get this, but a few have fallen short. If this happens, I go back over the notes again, and try once more. If you are getting below 50% all the time, then you clearly need to do a more in-depth look at the notes.

The nearer the brush up comes, the worse you may feel. I couldn't recall the vast amount of data for the earlier frames, although I did make sure I understood stuff. There is a big difference between memorising data and knowing it. Make sure the concepts of Gen Nav, Met, Instruments are familiar.

As Matt mentions, it is a hellish couple of weeks, but you will be prepared for the exams.