PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eyesight regulations CONDEMMED!
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2004, 10:03
VS773ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Eyesight regulations CONDEMMED!

Hi Everyone,

Now for some expert advice. Last weekend I attended the seminar at Cabair with an interest to gaining my CPL. I have had training flights for my PPL license and am hoping to gain that early next year as soon as funds allow. After the seminar one of the tutors made me aware of the eyesight regs - and on Monday my fears where confirmed by my optician!

The truth is, like everyone on this page, I desperatley want to fly for a living!

My prob is that my eyesight is too bad for the CAA and JAA regulations. I have an astigmatism and appaarently that just isnt allowed under any circumstances. Before I pay £400 for a Class one med, i'd love any info you guys/gals could give me on other ways - other countries, with more leaniant regs on eyesight. Or indeed any oother routes to becomming a reward making pilot without the same strict regs.

I am somewhat niave as i've only recently adopted the urge to actually climb this mountain and have my heart set on it!

I could bore anyone with my prescription if need be! But any ionfo would be great.

Regards
Dan