PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Progress tests and failing them
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2004, 01:11
mattd2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Buster,

Hopefully I can put your mind at rest a little. I am half way through Module 2 with BGS and thought I'd try and offer you some reassurance.

The most important thing is to get through all of the course material and try and get a reasonable understanding of it all. Don’t worry about trying to remember every detailed fact as otherwise it will take you forever to cover the subjects. As long as you have some understanding, the brush-up will bring the knowledge out of you. Alex, Baz, Tom, Ken and Co. are truly brilliant at their jobs and in the two weeks will load your brain up with every graph, mnemonic, and tip you need to get through the exams. (As well as some bad jokes, amusing anecdotes and dodgy GPWS impressions!)

You say you are worried about remembering Met figures and variables such as RAS and EAS. Do not panic! Once you have finished your two week drilling in Cheddar you will be ready to tackle the exams. I felt I had done reasonably well in my progress tests, but a couple of weeks before the brush-up I felt I was starting to forget everything. The first week there is tough and I felt I wasn’t making much progress, but come week two all the jigsaw pieces were nicely slotting into place.

The ATPL’s are a bit of a mountain as you say but the rewards will be worth it. I can’t wait for the September brush-up so I can get the last few exams out of the way and then on with some more serious flying.

Good luck and keep on at it,

Matt.