PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it now time to reconsider jumpseat restrictions for relatives?
Old 12th Aug 2004, 22:50
SR20flyDoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Man Rotor

I DO have fellow collegues looking when I perform in the OR. Yes, also students, and relatives sometimes from the patients. (not my wive who starts to vomit seeing eye surgery). Nothing to hide, they take a seat and stay at that seat so they don't disturb OPS.

They speak when spoken to, or ask politely and don't expect an answer if I'm not able, I enjoy telling what I do, ( and this way also keeping the nurses awake)

One of the reasons going on and wanting to have an ATP, and spending lots of $$$ in the U.S. economy was a jumpseat offered to me on a 73 by a captain (after showing my, license, PPL at that time) who really enjoyed his work and was able to let the FO fly the plane, while having the great overview.
It was one of my life events, seeing this big bird land AMS

Travelling with my wife and kid (1 at that time) he knew I was no risk at all.

This great pilot also had time to have some conversation with some other pax in the cabin and really made everyone feel at ease. (this was post 9/11)

But maybe I'm at my young age already oldfashioned and should we all persue aircraft without pilots, and lock up all pilots in front untill that 'happy' time........