PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Airways
Thread: Etihad Airways
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2004, 14:46
Tristar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is in response to the Ladies/Gentlemen that think Emirates, Etihad & Qatari are doing better than GF, I agree yes they do have pockets full of money and they are splashing out like there is no tomorrow, but I think the majority of you lot are forgetting an important fact. I personally have mentioned it before on this site however it seems to me that you lot are either ignorant of this fact or just chose to turn a blind eye to it.
I’m sure by now you are all waiting in anticipation to read about this fact!!! Well the fact is WORLD TRADE ORGANISTION, there is something called “UNFAIR COMPETITION” it is happening in US and Europe and it sure is starting here, slowly but surely. In fact rumor has it that certain flag carrier has already started complaining to the EU about Emirates but they are dragging their heels until, the A380 is successfully launched. ; very soon they will be limiting traffic rights to those that are not complying(I should right fully hope so); soon there will be no such thing as; NO LANDING FEES, FREE/HALF PRICE FUEL, AND ULIMITED INTERST FREE LOANS.
GF is now being run commercially, despite all the short falls and hard work, we have been getting pay rises and improved benefits, and we’ll hang in there, InshaAllah thing will get better and better.

He, who laughs last, laughs most (so the English say, excuse a foreigner, like me).

With love, Hish