PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmi
Thread: Bmi
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2004, 14:01
ms singyou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmi

Well, where do i start.
I want to defend bmi and welcome some of you to reality especially 'pollypocket' - but please dont take offence.

4 sectors days are quite normal in domestic airline operations.
some people who have come to bmi and its their first cabin crew job dont realise this.

the attitude of pollypocket is quite sad and i think youve done the right thing leaving though i wonder what attitude your taking accross to BA and what corporate culture there is there - too many crew there who want easy days, more money? yeah - ever flown BA? you might get the occasional crew member who really shines in their service delivery, but on the whole, its a 'whats in it for me culture'. i dont think i would expect anything else from pollypocket.

ok, im not going to pick on polly pocket but would like to remind some of you that the best assest at bmi is its people.
we do fly 4 leg days and this is quite normal. when the weather is bad, like the storms we've had the past week, yes, there were massive delays and roster disruptions, yes, true, when you are short staffed and the **** hits the fan, expect hiccups...but all this -
IS VERY NORMAL AND ALL AIRLINES ARE THE SAME.

ps....bmi hand all paperwork re the IDs to the ID centre and it is them, not bmi, who can take up to 5 weeks or more to process applications and then call crew in for their appointments.