PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Serious cash saving ideas.
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2004, 13:05
althenick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think i might have posted this before but here goes....

1. Get rid of MU's and have squadron personell do the job. why can the FAA/AAC do without them and the RAF can't?

2. Streamline RAF Tech Trade Structure - Bring the Squdron tech Trade structure in Line with the FAA (3 soon to be 2 trades) thus allowing common training and support systems where commom airframes are involved.

3. Allow non-com aircrew into the FAA/RAF helecopter communities at least. works in the AAC so I cant see why it cant work the other 2.

4. Direct entry Aircrew - why can a Tanker Master from the Merchant Marine practically walk on to an RN warship and take command. And yet a youngish Airline Pilot cannot say fly Transports for the RAF, same with groundcrew etc.

5. Save cash in retention by getting rid of all the stupid allowances (and I mean ALL) and provide all sevicemen/women with a Tax free Salary when overseas or outside UK Territorial waters.

Political...

Get rid of trident weapons and convert Subs to SSGN's. Result of this would mean the closure of DM Glen douglas (Moving to Coulport) and the Bagging of at leat 500 CS's. Then provide a minimal deterrent with Nuclear TLAM. Cancel or pospone A comensurate number of new astute hulls thus saving more money.

Thats all for now...