PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALL NAC pilots threatened with sack!
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2004, 11:20
Cplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not my intention to hi-jack this thread re issues of salary etc, however ...............

I have been employed in G.A for 30 years and have worked for numerous companies and have never had any problems in regards renumeration in accordance with the award.

Being paid the award is your entitlement and a sensible discussion with management can generally resolve these issues. Likewise I enjoyed 12 years with a low capacity RPT operator as a free lance casual hire pilot. They paid superannuation, pro rate LOL payments, renewals, recency, award wages and all claims for phone, meals etc.

There was a thread on 'Prune' a year or two ago along the lines of what people are paid, and I was NOT surprised to find that there were many many pilots who like me enjoy award + 30% or in that vicinity.

A proper and reasoned approach to management will always be fruitfull. I was in Darwin a few weeks ago and from what I saw of the conduct of a number of pilots, they simply don't deserve to have a job. In fighting and bad mouthing your employer in a 'public house' (hotel/pub) etc does not do your cause any good.

I'm a member of the AFAP simply because of the Loss of Licence insurance fund, I've never had to call on them for support. I live where I choose to live, not where I have to go to obtain work.

Keep it legal, work hard, and have fun! Its really that easy.