PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Serious cash saving ideas.
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2004, 19:17
D-IFF_ident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serious cash saving ideas.

Anyone have any ideas to save the money from the budget? Here are a few of mine:

1. No more Padres. If anyone wants to go to church - there's one in every town. Anyone need counselling - there's plenty of organizations that can help. Welfare - OC PMS' job. At an average wage of 50k per year, there must be a couple of hundred of them - there's £10mil per year in wages alone for you.

2. Scrap blue and green uniforms - flying suits or Soldier 95 for everyone. Must be worth a few £mil each year too.

3. UAS's, recruiting doesn't seem to be a problem. Should be a coupla £mil in there.

4. How about the ATC while we're at it - the cadets that is, although..... Perhaps a £mil or 2 each year. What do we need them for? Are they really helping defend the nation?

5. Procurement plans that work. If the product doesn't turn up on the agreed delivery date - we don't pay for it, or pay a lot less at any rate.

6. Buying stuff from the best, most cost-effective supplier. Not the place that offers the best political pay-back, jobs for the boys etc.

Seriously - there must be ways to save cash without reducing our credibility as a fighting force. Tell me your ideas - I could get £25 for a Gem if you think of enough!