PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it now time to reconsider jumpseat restrictions for relatives?
Old 9th Aug 2004, 11:51
er82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be more than happy to have one of my colleagues immediate relatives on the jump-seat, as I hope they would be to have one of mine. At the moment all my sectors are about 30mins flying time, so no chance to sit and tell them what we're doing, but great for them to watch just how busy we are.
Understandable that on a long flight, it could be a bit of a pain having someone sat in with you for a couple of hours - in that case just have them there for t/o and ldg.
There is nothing better that watching a young child's face when they come and have a look at the flight deck (on the ground of course) - I remember the good old days of being allowed up mid-flight. Totally awe-inspiring, and the kind of thing where ambitions and dreams are born.

Obviously can never get back to the way it used to be, but my folks are not going to do anything other than sit in the JS, watch me at work, and be totally proud at seeing what I have achieved.