PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it now time to reconsider jumpseat restrictions for relatives?
Old 9th Aug 2004, 10:20
Firestorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disclosure Scotland is a total joke, and who ever the artist is who set it up must be rubbing his hands toghether and booking a flight to Norther Cyprus where ther is no extradition treaty.

I am GLA based. My DS details got lost or delayed, and on Aug 2nd when I turned up for work and tried to get airside I was refused. About 20 minutes of referring to supervisors, bosses of supervisors and mangers took place before I was allowed airside on production of my licence. The following day I had to report at EDI, where my BAA pass is not logged into the EDI data base. A quick glance by yer man on the Staff Search gate, and "Have a nice day, Sir." (He didn't say that, but I assume that's the rough translation from Jockanese). Laughable to my mind. And that is why I would prefer to have no one on the flight deck, other than essential crew.

If you were a surgeon would you want your wife/son/daughter/mistress/mate/husband in the operating theatre? I appreciate there is not the security issue in this case, but from a professional point of view, really, do you want them there, on your shoulder whilst you are trying to do a day's work? I don't want my family there, and I definitely don't want yours.