PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair at it again!
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2001, 06:07
EI - E I - O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just got to mention this!! I have just got off the FR and the Aer Lingus Web pages. I need to go to Man on the Wednesday the 25th of Oct. and return on the same day. I got on the FR website filled in the details and wham £14.7something each way, plus taxes, plus lifevest, plus 50p for the lights on the aircraft etc, etc and it totaled £49 BIG ONES, NOT BAD FOR A same day return.

Now, remembering Mr Des Gerathys words last week on the news and I still think he got a waft of Eamon Dunphys beer breath over the telephone, before he came out with this GEM (by the way for our allies in the U.K., Dessie is the Union Rep for Aer Lingus) he said we should show solidarty for the national carrier etc, so I went to www.save the national carrier website, typed in the essentials and WHAM! the webpage dissappeared, O.K. I said, national carrier, 2,500 jobs, a lot of forests saved this christmas, if those people cant have X-Mas trees and went throught the procedure, well FOOK ME PINK, £449! They shower in the green want £449, for a same day return, now I selected the promotional fare, not the flexable return, god knows, what kind of Teleban Fanaticism is required to book that fare. I'm sorry but good god what planet as these people on?? The havent a hope against, Micheal and his wooloey Jumper. But, if Mr Gerathy agreed to pay say £400 of the fare, then I would go, considering I might like the "Rubber egg" and the cloned cocktail saussie on the AL flight.

Not Likely, I'm going FR, now I've knocked them in the past and probably rightly so, but the big Golden Harp is going to have to become my new National Emblom!! For the sake of £400 and a 20 minute hop to Man!