PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair at it again!
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2001, 19:58
Capt PPRuNe

Chief PPRuNe Pilot

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

OK, time to lay down the law!

Whilst many people do not like the style or content of the Guvnors posts and I agree that he can be extremely irritating much of the time, that does not give any of you the right to use this bulletin board to prove your own pathetic shortcomings and lack of intellectual ability. As long as the Guvnor makes his comments in a civil manner and does not break any PPRuNe rules then he will be allowed to continue posting.

I am getting fed up with the likes of 'Brakes to Park', 'lineup', 'mjenkinsblackdog', 'Mike-Hunt', 'GuvBuster' and 'life is just one big flight' who whilst they don't like the content of the Guvnors posts are only able to make a reply that would take the mental capacity of a five year old! If you can't make a response that argues the point without resorting to what can only be described as a 'dummy spit' and childish tantrum then please do me and the vast majority of PPRuNers a favour and don't bother replying at all.

From now on, if anyone replies to a post by the Guvnor (or anyone else who manages to stir up neanderthal emotions such as 411a and their ilk) and cannot use words of more than one syllable and string them together into an argument to counter the often misleading and pompous style then please don't bother at all. We all like debate and we can all deal with one liner replies IF they are at least delivered with wit and a tiny bit of forethought!

Yes, the Guvnor is always ready to put his twopennethworth in to just about any topic on PPRuNe and he often does it with a style that irritates because of its tone of superiority his apparent (sic) knowledge of all things aviation and excess pomposity but at least he usually does it without resorting to petty insults. Most of us are able to contain our anger at his often distorted quotes which he puts out as though he is an authority but in reality most of us are able to see through most of it and together with his often erroneous comments about some flight deck practices, manage to either read it and move on or provide a counter argument which shows him not to be the most knowledgeable person in aviation.

So, if you continue to make what equates to 'screaming one liner rants' at the Guvnor instead of either replying with something which is at least witty if not able to counter the argument then do not do so. Repeat offenders will be barred from making more posts because I need all the space and capacity I can get on the server. Just consider the Guvnor like one of those tabloid columnists who are employed to wind everyone up with an opposing point of view. Most people read them but then move on and get on with the rest of their lives and the regular news.

One thing that has made PPRuNe successful is the variety of input from many different points of view, unfortunately some have a habit of making theirs ad nauseum but if I were to stop people like the Guvnor from making posts just because you don't like their point of view then this would become a very boring place indeed as everyone just agreed with each other. The Guvnor is extremely machiavellian and those of you who are manipulated by him without your realising it need a wake up call and a short course in grammar or a free subscription to the Readers Digest 'increase your word power'. (Come to think of it so do I... I think!)