PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Money - the great sinking feeling
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2004, 15:46
birdlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI ALL

Ive just got to start by saying that this is a brillant topic and has just got me motivated all over again....

The first time I was ever in a smallish aeroplane was a Seneca flying to a game lodge on the eastern coast of South Africa. I sat in the right hand seat and the Pilot let me 'fly' the plane for a little while. I was hooked instantly. I came back to Johannesburg and broke the news to my parents gently that I wanted to be a pilot. OHHHH you should have heard the argument that ensued. I had just recently gone through a nasty break up and found out a few days before Christmass that my ex was very sick - some problems with his heart. I had taken this particular trip to go and see some friends and to try and sort my head out. I just thought it was fate and all that, I had reached a cross roads in my life at 21 and wasnt sure what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. My ex and I had a place together and I sold the place and with the money that was left over started my PPL to my mom's huge dissapointment but to my dad's delight.

Now over a year later, I have over 150hrs and am looking to return to Ireland (Im originaly irish) to start my frozen ATP through Bristol correspondance. While Im studying like mad I will also have to find myself a job so I can start saving for my CPL. Im going to have to beg, borrow steal the money from somewhere but I will do it. Flying is my life and without question is the best thing that I ever did and when Im up there nothing else matters. I know its a lot of debt to get into but I cant imagine anything better than getting paid to fly even if its very little.

Again a brillant topic and good luck to everyone.

BL