PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If your FO puts you down in subtle ways...
Old 7th Aug 2004, 14:00
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are the Captain. It amounts to how bothered you are by these comments. In the first instance it may be worth considering if the individual really intends to put you down. Sometimes an individuals ability to relate to others isn't what might be best described as their strongest skill. It might be that the other persons comments are based on an erroneous assesment of your own sense of humour ? In any event if it bothers you then employ whatever method you see fit to attempt to rectify the situation.

In the examples you have given my own responses would have been :

Q1) "I have to fly with you 2 more times next month"

A1) If you ring this number ( crew control) they may be able to sort that out for you.
A1b) Great I will look forward to it !

Q2) " You could reset the parking brake and make us one more minute of block time. Oh well you are a slow learner."

A2) Perhaps young man but I am a fast teacher. When you move into this seat you will quickly learn that time is money and the company pays you to advocate its position.

Q3) "Well you cost me twenty minutes of extra pay"

A3) Yes sorry, but it probably saved the company money so I will have to console myself with the fact I might have saved you 6 months on an unemployment line.
A3b) I am sure you will be promoted in no time and that 20 minutes of lost pay will seem like nothing.