PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair at it again!
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2001, 05:24
Idunno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tug has just made one of the most informative and important posts yet on this thread, but you guys are (yet again) distracted by The Guvnors antics. Ignore them.

I don't know who Tug is but as an FR pilot he's saying everything that I've been forecasting would happen is alrady occurring.

Look, if you were gonna start an airline where you needed maximum turnover to survive...wouldn't you want the pilots kept happy and productive? Of course you would!
So how do you achieve that? Pay 'em well, and use large incentive payments to extract the work. It's a formula that the Ryans were using long before MOL or Ryanair were ever heard of.

But (and it's a big but) the day will eventually come when keeping the pilots happy doesn't need to cost so much any more...and where the incentive to work is provided by outside factors. (i.e. work or starve.)

That day has arrived.

So, our hero (well maybe yours...not mine) has decided he can extract an extra mile or two from the faithfull. Like it or lump it.
You know where the door is...etc.

I hope that reality is finally dawning on you all. MOLs only friend is the share price.
I feel your pain.