PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What does a Captain expect from a FO?
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2004, 12:26
robroy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Beazlebub

Beazlebub,

As a retired International Capt. & Training Capt. ( F/O 's to Capt.)

And having started in a DH 82 in 1957 and finishing on Bill's, beautiful - 400, ( If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going ) I most sincerely, on a scale of 10, have to give you , 12.

You have, to my mind, just put into words, for the first time on PPrune & in my entire flying career, CRM's etc, the words of an obviously, dedicated pilot, trainer, line guy, sim guy, ( Bat Cave )professional aviator.

As a retired training guy, I have had a few Richard Craniums, to train, the worst being a guy, who, after take off, was more interested in chatting up the F/A, instead of tuning the Wx. Radar and, as there was a towering active CB about 30 N.M s , ahead, he couldn't understand why I told the F/A , not to come back to the flight deck, until, I called for her presence. My only scrub.

When I went through as an F/O, I was trained to back the Command Pilot to the absolute limit, of my limited experience, which grew less limited by the day..

I was fortunate to have Training & Line Captains who where great guys to fly with and once they saw, I was as keen as mustard, they confided to me their vast knowledge.

To them, I give my thanks for a great, safe career.

I only hope that one day, the Guys and Dolls, that I trained , will sit back in their retirement chair, on line with PPrune, thinking, yes, I had a Training Capt. I liked.

To you Beazel, keep up your good work, all aspirants, please take note of Beazel's post

Flown a few types, and not trying to boast, the CAF ones, were sheer luck of the draw, sheer luck.

DH 82, DHC-1, Auster, most Cessna, Piper, Beech, PA-30, DC-3,
F-27, DC-9, L-188 , aaarr, the Electra, Gods gift to Pilots, DC-10,
737, 727, Bill's big 400, and at the Confederate Airforce, Texas.

T-6, T-28, PBY, B-25, B-24, B-29 and with tears in my eyes, the P-51.

To all of you out there, take note of Beazel, one day, I , might be your trusting SLF. So, please keep the Dom, cool in "F "

Always, sit on your hands, have slow a look around , then, make YOUR decision as to what action, YOU will take, backed up by your F/O.

Good Captains, train Good Future Captains.

Cheers

ROBROY

PS. To Flash, I would have no hesitation, in scrubbing you!!!!