PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lies, Damned Lies and British European
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2001, 16:19
Capt PPRuNe

Chief PPRuNe Pilot

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That's enough arguing over semantics. I will have the last word on this.

For whatever reason Gill went under it doesn't detract form the fact that the pilots, engineers, cabin crew and all the other staff find themselves out of a job. BE has taken over some of the routes and are employing some ex-Gill staff. If the NCL base proves to be as profitable for BE as it was for Gill then we can expect BE to expand there in the future and therefore there will be more opportunities for those that haven't found alternative employment.

Yes, the title of the thread was unfortunate and unfortunately I don't have the facility to edit the title any more but if everyone can just step back a minute and realise that the author was probably upset due to his circumstances and placed a distorted interpretation on the BE MD's words. Unless he was a newspaper editor then as with most topics, the titles leave quite a lot to be desired and we should learn to accept that not everyone gets it right first time around.

So, please stop all the bickering over the irrelevant stuff. Form what I can gather in this thread is that Gill crews were hard working and professional. BE are taking over some of the routes and opening a base in NCL so there will be some opportunities for ex-Gill crews to join them and if all goes well in the future then there will be more opportunities.