PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas employ cadets for JETSTAR ASIA
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2004, 14:20
wallabie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, I fly for a big european operator who employs cadets. Yes they do perform well........when the sun is shinning and some of them even think of themselves as sky Gods, but when the s...t hits the fan I feel very much alone.
Don't know who mentioned that but he was down right, this creates a weird gradient of authority.
Spot on as far as ATC goes. It happened to me flying to the Middle East. The F/O would have done anything he was told to and I'm sorry to say that it has been seen that the Captain loses consciousness, what then ???
I know the answer : the odds of.........blabla bla.
This job is about experience and maturity, not rocket science.
I am a much happier fellow when I get an ex Air Force, Navy or regional guy in the right hand seat.
Not everything that happens on those flight decks makes headlines, let alone rumours but the fact remains they do happen. Some of them are real shockers.
Last news from Lufthansa is that new cadets will only have 80 and I say eighty hours starting their A320 course. The rest will only be from the box.
The beam of satisfaction in these management pilot's eyes sends a chill down my spine.
We're not talking crew anymore but a Captain with his personal assistant !!