PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lies, Damned Lies and British European
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2001, 06:37
Raw Data

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Funny then, that no-one else felt sufficiently confident to step in and invest in Gill. In any case, the precise reason is academic.

I hate to see companies go under, and I understand your disappointment, however you too need to stick to the facts.

Unfortunately, none of you seem to be able to come up with the same quote. You will recall that the words "no guarantees" were prominent. Also, once the dust has settled, and we know the disposition of our own crews, it is quite possible that ex-Gill pilots will end up employed by BE- but not until all our own crews' bids are in and processed. Similarly, I would imagine some engineers would end up on the payroll as well. Your case is not helped by the fact that a number of people who hold type ratings for the types we fly, and are either unemployed, or will shortly be so, would probably be willing to re-locate to NCL just to have a job.

Our MD has said nothing that is not true, and as he gave no promises regarding timeframe, it is unlikely that he will end up in that position. The situation is extremely fluid at the moment, and we are reacting to changing circumstances on a daily basis.

Some ex-Gill folk seem to think that a) BE owe them something, and b) any pilot employment will happen this week. I'm afraid it just doesn't work like that, as you of all people should know, Hugmonster.