PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay as You Starve!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2004, 08:02
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
I refer to the astonishing news about the privately owned and operated Burger Bar at Lympstone.

How on Earth can any faceless f*ckwit try to wipe out nearly 40 years of history on the grounds of some new Ministry of We-can't-afford-it 'Initiative'? From what I read, 'Dutchy's' has provided not only the sort of grub actually wanted by his customers at all hours of day and night, but it has also managed to cope with all the stupidity of the huggy-fluffy Food Nazis, Health and Safety and other Eurocratic bullsh*t. More than that, however, its unique contribution to the morale of a close-knit corps must also be acknowledged.

Far from facing closure by mindless bureaucrats who would appear to wish to achieve a monopoly for their pet project, Dutchy's should be considered for whatever national award is available. I am totally appalled that the MoD should attempt an unreasonable restraint of trade in order to secure a monopoly for their own contractor. Those supporting 'Dutchy' should write to their MP (as is their right), demanding that this decision is reviewed. Moreover, in an election year when all the wretched government can do is to place increasing demands on the morale of all Service personnel, the value of people such as Dutchy who are prepared to contribute actively to the welfare of our Service personnel cannot be overestimated.

I hope that the Royals fight this daft decision with all the tenacity and fighting spirit for which they are justly renowned.

Later edited to add: The constituency MP for Lympstone (East Devon) is Mr Hugo Swire MP (Conservative). His website is http://www.hugoswire.org.uk/ ; this also includes contact details.

Last edited by BEagle; 3rd Aug 2004 at 08:19.