PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greek Summer Programme From Lba
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2004, 20:38
Going loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I’m interpreting the CAA passenger data correctly, both Humberside and Exeter carry more tour operator passengers to Turkey than LBA. Humberside, Exeter, Bournemouth, Norwich and Teesside all carry more passengers to Cyprus. At the end of the day – that’s just not good enough.

It seems to me that Leeds has got too many people on board who pussyfoot around Manchester with statements like “we’re complimentary to MAN, not a competitor” which frankly I find amazing. For a start, its hundreds of thousands of passengers every month traipse over the M62 from right under LBA’s nose. If that’s not competition, tell me what is? Secondly, the people at Manchester don’t exactly reciprocate the arrangement by steering clear of the Leeds catchment area. I remember last year there was a massive leaflet drop, billboards and press campaign in and around Leeds by MAN for their routes. Until the airport gets people who are up for the fight with MAN, the Tour Operator side of LBAs business will disappear into nothing much at all.

loco