PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot SHORTAGE reduces experince level requirement for jobs.
Old 2nd Aug 2004, 20:02
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Joyce Tick:

Having just got back from my latest outing, I wanted to respond to your attack on Cargo Boy on the "Demotion" thread.

Sadly, I note that your deprecating posting has been removed - I presume by you?

With a handle like "Joyce Tick" and, having looked at your completely NON-PROFILE, I can only assume that you are a "non-professional pilot" and that you `are more likely to be an 84 year-old retired ramp tramp based in Frobisher just looking for a bit of reaction.

Certainly you have no idea what good fun and reward the freight business is. I gave up passengers 20 years ago (have you ever succeeded in getting 380 passengers on board on time?).

I fly when it is quiet and usually get direct routings from Maastricht, such as "Direct Helsinki", I get 14 days off a month and my salary is in the "3-figures bracket" with a final salary scheme. My flying hours for the year are around 350 - 400 hours. I do not miss the the 500 hours extra that YOU are doing while I am relaxing on the beach!

Incidentally, our lady pilots love the lifestyle too.