PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Cabin Crew of Burning Jet not trained to open doors"
Old 2nd Aug 2004, 19:26
Legal Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JW 411 - I certainly did not start the thread to bash Ryanair and I had the AAIB report into Manchester well in mind, hence my second question.

The recommendations of the AAIB apply to all airlines and do raise safetry implications post Manchester - the difference at Stansted was that there was no catastrophic fire. If there had been it could have been another Manchester.

The recommendations deserve reading:-

Safety Recommendations
Safety Recommendation 2004-50

It is recommended that the Civil Aviation Authority review the instructions to Air Traffic Controllers, when they are advising an aircraft on the ground of signs of fire, to include the surface wind in their notification transmission.

Safety Recommendation 2004-51

It is recommended that the Civil Aviation Authority review the instructions to Fire Officers, when attending an aircraft fire, to ensure that they consider advising the flight crew on the best route for evacuation, as well as advising on the need to evacuate.

Safety Recommendation 2004-52

It is recommended that the Civil Aviation Authority encourages aerodrome operators to provide suitable video recording facilities at airports operating public transport flights in order to preserve best evidence in the event of an accident or incident.

Safety Recommendation 2004-53

It is recommended that the Irish Aviation Authority and JAA review the requirements for cabin crew initial and refresher training in respect of the operation of all normal and emergency exits, to ensure that crew members become, and remain, familiar with the different operating procedures, and opening characteristics, in both normal and emergency modes of operation.