PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What does a Captain expect from a FO?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2004, 12:22
flaps to 60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To those giving Flashart a hard time (rightly or wrongly) please read Bealzebubs post again and think how he would have answered it.

Flashart please read afformentioned post on page 1

BZB has shown us the way with probably ....no! Definetly the best post i have ever read on PPRUNE, worth adding to my favourites and reading every now and then.

As a new FO i fly with many characters and as many have said you have to be a diplomat as well as everything else to a captain.

I fly with one skipper who is younger than me but he lets me make the decisions and only intervenes if i have made a bad one.

When i ask him what should i do or whats the best course of action etc etc he always says "well what do you think or yep i'm happy with that" or even have you thought of doing it this way and guess what he's a pleasure to fly with because he's actually training me to be a captain.

And on the other had there are captains who you would rather cut of you tommy tinkler that fly with beacuse they think they're God or that they are never wrong and cant take you pointing out the error they've just made.

Bealzebub will you be my dad and if not can i fly with you some time?

To those giving Flashart a hard time (rightly or wrongly) please read Bealzebubs post again and think how he would have answered it.

Flashart please read afformentioned post on page 1

BZB has shown us the way with probably ....no! Definetly the best post i have ever read on PPRUNE, worth adding to my favourites and reading every now and then.

As a new FO i fly with many characters and as many have said you have to be a diplomat as well as everything else to a captain.

I fly with one skipper who is younger than me but he lets me make the decisions and only intervenes if i have made a bad one.

When i ask him what should i do or whats the best course of action etc etc he always says "well what do you think or yep i\'m happy with that" or even have you thought of doing it this way and guess what he\'s a pleasure to fly with because he\'s actually training me to be a captain.

And on the other had there are captains who you would rather cut of you tommy tinkler that fly with beacuse they think they\'re God or that they are never wrong and cant take you pointing out the error they\'ve just made.

Bealzebub will you be my dad and if not can i fly with you some time?