PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Jobs MkII
Thread: SIA Jobs MkII
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2001, 18:06
Tosh26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sirsushi

Please bear in mind that you are reading the distilled thoughts of long time cynics, fire blackened and tempered by years in the crucible of an exploitive global civil aviation arena.

Of course in your situation it’s the calling of a lifetime and all you’re interested in is getting to grips with the aeroplanes and learning all the ATPL tech stuff – and I really don’t think anyone would criticise you for going right on ahead if you are offered a place by SIA. My colleagues and myself will be very happy to see you when you come on line and will most certainly help you advance your career in any way we can.

All I would ask you to consider is that when the gloss does wear off and you eventually realise that SIA pays very poorly on a world scale and similarly treats its pilots with an unconscionable amount of contempt, you will allow for old duffers like me to sound off on this forum, or through ALPA-S, about pay, conditions, bonds and bank guarantees in the hope of galvanising enough people that change, to your distinct future benefit, may eventually come about.

Perhaps if you have alternatives to the SIA cadet scheme you would be very well advised to seriously consider them.

Meanwhile, I wish you the very best of luck and good fortune in your endeavour.

Kind regards