PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What does a Captain expect from a FO?
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2004, 19:56
Crazycanuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flashhart,

Come back to reality boy. What you dont understand is that we do things differently in our world. Now I'm not knocking the way things are done in air forces around the world. It must be a tough thing to be called upon by our illustrious leaders to do what is unheard of. Hats off to the boys who step up to the line, but you cannot knock what many years of civil aviation has accomplished either.

While it is true in our world that we like to have a shallow gradient from the left to the right seat, it is none the less a gradient. (do you know what gradient is?) The captain is the captain. It is true that some f/os have more experience than the capt, but that does not mean the capt is incompetent.

Now as for your attitude. If I come across an individual like you, which by the way has happened once or twice, you can be sure that the cockpit gradient will get much steeper. Try to guess which way it will go.

Believe me boy, you will not go far unless you adjust. It won't be obvious but you will find yourself in the right seat for a very long time and you won't know why.

Cool it!

Crazy