PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot SHORTAGE reduces experince level requirement for jobs.
Old 1st Aug 2004, 00:31
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Pilot SHORTAGE reduces experince level requirement for jobs.

Signs that the pilot shortage is kicking in, are starting to become evident, as per the following email received by me and several colleagues over the past week.

With regards to the imminent requirement with Atlas Blue and I am delighted that we can now forward more details to you and your collegues.

Description & requirements are as follows :

Sigmar Aviation, on behalf of Atlas Blue (wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Air Maroc) requires a number of B737 Classic Captains and First Officers for a 6 month to 3 year renewable contract based in Marrakech, and or Agidar (Morocco). Atlas Blue will begin revenue operations with 6 aircraft on the

1st of November and will have 13 aircraft by the middle of 2005.

Interested applicants should have the following minimum requirements:

- Current JAR Licence (Or European equivalent)
- Current Class 1 Medical
- Current LPC
- Valid Passport
- Current B737 Classic Captain

- 2500 hours total time

- 1000 hours on type

- Current B737 Classic First Officer

- Minimum 400 hours on type

The pay rate in relation to the pilots will be :

- €5,000 for Captain
- €3,300 for First officers

- Perdiem @ €1,200 per month in addition to this.

The assignment is based on 80 block hours per month with hours in excess being paid pro-rata up to a maximum of 100 block hours a month and 900 block hours per year.

- All flights are planned to return to either Agadir or Marrakesh on a daily basis.

- 8 days per month off will be standard in addition to annual leave accrual. 4 days of which will be provided consecutively.

- Hotel and ground transport will be provided for the first 6 month with a recommendation of an accomodation allowance provided for long term stay.

- As we are assembling the initial data for our client we would appreciate your response in relation to :

1. Whether you are interested in the assisgnment.

2. Whether you are availiable for assessment in Casablanca, if so what notice peroid you would require.

3. Whether we can forward details on your behalf to Atlas Blue to begin the assessment/ validation process.

If know of any collegues whom may be interested, forwarding these details to them would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any queries and/or are interested in applying please contact myself, Richard Carolan or Richard Wall here at Sigmar Aviation.

Kindest Regards

Nicole Skipsey

Operations Executive

8 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Ireland

Tel: + 353 1 474 4666

Direct: + 353 1 474 4694

Fax: + 353 1 474 4640

www.sigmaraviation.com

With a follow-up email a week later:-

This is a follow up email from a recent job posting – B737 300/400/500 (Classic) Captains & First officers.

Just to confirm my contact details below. You are welcome to call me on my direct line + 353 1 474 4694. If you have any queries or would like to be put forward for the postion. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Nicole Skipsey

Operations Executive

8 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Ireland

Tel: + 353 1 474 4644

Direct: + 353 1 474 4694

Fax: + 353 1 474 4640

www.sigmaraviation.com

The Dunnunda & Godzone forum also indicates that Singapore based JETSTAR ASIA have had to resort to 250 hour (total time) pilots to fly as F/O's on their A320's
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...hreadid=138369