PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MATZ transit
Thread: MATZ transit
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2004, 07:47
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the FI has done there PPL in Florida there hour building in Florida and their CPL over there. IR in UK you won't go near one. The first time they have heard f one is there RT test and then next time will be a lesson
Good point MJ. And not just the US trained people. A chap I knew came over from New Zealand and did his CPL here, and said he'd never been through a MATZ. And if he does an FI course, he'll be too busy learning how to teach the basics to worry about that.

FIs are expected to know everything. They don't. They should know the basics. But what is considered basic depends on where you trained and what sort of flying you do. However, they should at least know where to direct the student for the information. "I don't know" or "I think it's..." are not good enough. "I'm not sure, but go get a copy of LASORS from over there and we'll look it up together", not only gives the student the answer, but teaches him/her how to find his own answers. It also shows them that to be a pilot you don't need a superhuman memory, just know where to find the information you need.