PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2004, 08:48
Left2primary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overhere,

thanks for that.

If you read back through the pages of this thread you will see that there is one QF contributor posting in favour of QF's planned attacks on our working conditions.

She is motivated by pure self interest because she wants to live in LHR for 2 years or so.

Perhaps calling work collegues "scabs" is distasteful to you but ask yourself how you would feel if a group in your place of employment were in support of cutting YOUR pay 15% just because it suited them.The London base is the tool they will try and use to affect this.

Yes, you are on the outside looking in but don't think one tragic, vocal, self interested individual represents the whole FA sentiment.

As I have mentioned before. QF Longhaul have NEVER been so united in their opposition to these attacks and WILL vent their fury at the end of the year.

The issues relating to surveys are more complex than they seem, once again, from the outside.

Lesley Grant used them as a tool at Air NZ to open their London base and abolish their preferential bidding system.
I understand they have spent much of the last 7 or 8 years clawing back the conditions she stripped from them.
Surveys are one of her tools and Longhaul will ignore them because of this. Not because they have lack any comittment to QF's success.

There is not an ounce of FA trust in our management such have been the lies, half truths and deceptions of late. Ignoring the surveys are a vote of no confidence.

Lesley Grant has no concerns beyond maximizing the bottom line of the Cabin Services department because her performance bonuses depend on it.

Does she have any concerns for the longterm health of QF..............?
I DONT think so...........She'll take ALL she can get and be gone in 2 or 3 years, max.

QF Longhaul will be still here and we will be the ones trying to cope with the consequenses.

L2P

BTW I would take ALL that qtee says with a grain of salt. Most, if not all of it is complete and utter BS born of desperate self interest.
It has been suggested here before that qt is a representative of QF management. It's looking that way to me with every post.

Last edited by Left2primary; 30th Jul 2004 at 09:11.