PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay as You Starve!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2004, 08:10
SteveStephens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see all the different opinions, however most of them are incorrect! I am not a defender of PAYD, I only know a reasonable amount about the subject.

Uncle Ginsters

The MoD Civilians that transferred to ESS transferred with the same pay, bonuses and Pay Deal that they were getting. Yes there were problems that were soon sorted when it came to the attention of the "Grown Ups".

Pontius Navigator

Coningsby are trying to do PAYD on their own, the head chef was at RAF Leuchars until recently! We all agree that the RAF Chefs are the finest in the MoD, however they are not business men. If they ran PAYD, who would pay for the investment? Who would pay for the meals that were not consumed?

FJJP

Totally agree, if we do not look after our personnel, we wont be able to keep the 20,000 that we are reducing to!

Slotback

The demise of the Kebab Wagon was nothing to do with ESS. Must admit I have has a few of his finest over the years. Yes you are right Contractors do need to make profit. Were you aware that profit is filtered back to the Stn through Gainshare?

OK I have lit the touch paper ......................will retire to a safe distance.

Last edited by SteveStephens; 11th Aug 2004 at 20:51.