PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Minimums
Thread: Eagle Minimums
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2004, 04:02
Sqwark2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my understanding of the latest recruits for Eagle, they are still finding people with High-med time/min multi. Haven't seen a newbie with min total/min multi yet, but assume it will hit the jungle drums when it does.

All I can say to regional wannabes in NZ is....

It won't happen over night...... but it will happen.

If you are familiar with company recruiting processes and you want a go, then be prepared. Have some leave up your sleave ( for the interview and ground course if successful), coin for a suit, haircut etc. I hired a suit for $95 dollars. Picked it up Tues, returned it Mon. Nothing extra for the extra days.

If you are not happy about the process and don't want to work for that company then flag it!! Don't be a hypocrite .

As far as Eagle's process being "rigourous", it's not.

Half hour one day - essentialy to show you can fly an NDB (historical problems from previous recurits they are trying to reduce with future ones)

1 hr another - The interview you would expect from any company, which does focus on your Aviation knowledge

5 hr group discussions the next - An exercise to see how you get on with others, communicate - wether you stand your ground on an issue, or wether you let all opinions be heard and let the discussion flow wether you agree with someone or not. When it's your turn to lead a discussion on a randomly chosen aviation topic - you don't have to be the all knowing guru of your given topic, you just have to "lead" the discussion, encourage others to voice their views, ask for differing opinions etc.

Sure it's stressful when you are participating but take each step at a time and you could potentially enjoy it, maybe even learn something!!

Those who go into an interview postive, prepared and wanting the job will generally get through.

That's my ten cents worth.

S2K