PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot fatigue grows as problem for airlines
Old 29th Jul 2004, 21:54
spork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks PAXboy for an excellent and well-written post that obviously took you time. Thanks for being the first to suggest some actions that could take this matter forward. I must admit my thoughts on action were quicker and dirtier. Maybe we shouldn't be so civilised.

For example, how about hiring a coach to use for poster display, (or a "poster lorry") to get our message across to the travelling public. This could be used on key travel times. The M25 links the major London airports quite nicely. I suspect the majority of air travellers don't know about this issue. This could be done on several occasions.

How about exposing a past event/recent event directly to the media, that was a serious fatigue related incident?

We communicated the child safety issue to the public and trade over a period of about one year. We did some rather naughty things, but the media loved that. The reaction of the industry was like kicking a hornet's nest, but guess what – we succeeded where the pathetic Dti had failed!