PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GoM crash 38th since 2000 (Merged threads)
Old 21st Jul 2004, 00:01
SASless

Received 554 Likes on 224 Posts
Now let me get this straight.....If I raise my rates....the competition will continue to charge their same rate....and not raise theirs too? Yes, right! When the union movement brought about the pay raises....the operators said they would go broke....that the oil companies would not pay the increased rates. They raised rates...the oil companies never even squeaked...the companies began to buy new aircraft and even bragged in trade publications that was the reason they could afford new aircraft. They have raised rates several times without giving a pay raise to the pilots.....now where is that money going if they are not buying new aircraft now?

The oil companies are run by accountants....as long as helicopter transportation remains cheaper than the costs of doing crew changes by boat....then they will pay the difference.....and by costs of boats I mean all the costs, not just boat, crew, and diesel. Factor in rig crew time, salaries, morale....etc.

Why is it....Texaco specified twins....but when Chevron took over they reverted to singles? Was it increased safety in singles or costs? Ask the boys at Bristow Texaco and Pan African Chevron in Nigeria?