PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2004, 15:45
Q-Tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peeps, if the FAAA can manage to stop this base from happening - Kudos to them ..... thats fine with me, I will stay doing what I am doing now .... flying around at my leisure

However, methinks I will be in LHR come Feb 2005, in fact I will wager anyone on it

And Secret Squirrel?? There is nothing secret about me .... I am up there saying I want to go to LHR, online and off .... I have nothing to hide .....

For me, this is a great opportunity .... and I will be taking it, and no I will not follow any work bans directed by the FAAA on this issue - nor will anyone else wishing to take this base. And if there is major industrial action ..... well the individual contracts will start being offered .... again what management wants ....

And as for secondary boycotts, it is illegal for anyone to secondary boycott in support of another group on a different Enterprise Bargaining Agreement ....

My arguments are in no way desperate, it would seem however those opposing the base are getting more and more desperate to prove 'solidarity'.... the roving meetings involving 900 longhaul members over a space of weeks - great !! What happened to the other 2,200 ? Possibly not interested?

Either way, it really matters not .....

O h and I would be wary about letting management know what you think in the Employment Engagement Survey .... they have openly stated that it is to "guage how committed crew are to the future success of Qantas" .... now if they have several thousand survey results saying that crew aren't committed to QF's success, then they would be in a very interesting industrial-legal position ....