PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I ??
Thread: Should I ??
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2004, 12:15
DanRS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quij,

As someone who has fairly recently got started on the road, my advice would be...

Consider if you are going to want to go commercial. If you are, and you have any, even slight, doubts medically, get a class 1 medical, the last thing you want to do is get addicted to flying (and you will, hell I am and I've only done 17 odd hours), only to find out you can't pursue it further.

Do a tour of the internet for suitable Flight schools, depending whether you want to do modular, or not, will make a differance to location, as you could end up spending a fortune on petrol. Once you have located a few suitable schools, do the legwork, go in speak to the instructors, if possible some of the students and post here for opinions.

Then book a trial lesson (if you do it at the location you intend to train with, it's easier to get it in your log book and counted towards your total hours), phone your bank manager, and go for it.

It is a long and expensive road, but if you don't start you will never know what you're missing

Good Luck

Cheers Dan