PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Town PPRuNE Bash
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2004, 08:28
clipboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand the party was great!

Rumour has it that Alfred is not a freshman at the controls, but a seasoned combat pilot, with many, many hours on about 10 different types of helicopters. Not bad for a West African, especially of color. Rumour also has it this this boy will soon be poling Mbekis "Inkwazi" around.

Anyway, I'm kinda sorry I could not make it, but I spoke to some of the boys there, and general consensus was that it was a most pleasant evening.

Some of the issues apparently raised at the party, is how divided the aviation fraternity in Cape Town is. There appears to be a lot of animosity, bad mouthing and discrimination amongst pilots, which is truly a worrying factor. It is my experience that the whites in general, have never really "taken hands", but this sort of behaviour is totally unacceptable, especially since it is such a small community. It appears that financial consideration is the "prime evil" and instigator in this case.

Come on guys, forget about the ego's. Take hands to make the aviation industry better for all of us. Forget about who's better than the other. stick together and stop criticizing one another.

Safe Flying!