PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights too downmarket for many businesspeople
Old 29th Jul 2004, 02:50
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Interesting model 4% of pax load pays 25% of yield. Would think it was easy to get 8 pax a trip. BUT, if you miss getting a full fare shoe you are putting a big hole in your yield. Would have thought airlines would have been aiming for J-class to be the cream on top of the cake. Using business class advertisements to entice the unwashed to travel in cattle class thinking they are flying with an airline that looks after them that bit better than brand Y. As for food on QF, last couple of flights on evening service to BN and ML the salad has been quiet passable including the nicely chilled green can to compliment it. I thought not too shabby, for cattle-class:-)

As for the ideal AC. My vote would be on something like a 74 or 76 all business class only running in morning and afternoon peaks. 80 seats on a BBJ would push a return way over $1300 for a ML-SY pair. 200 on a 74 would be interesting. A lot of iron to be sitting idle during the day tho. I would not have thought there would be a big enough market going by the size of the GA corp jet fleet here in Oz.