PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas London base
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2004, 11:17
Q-Tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geez guys ..... I seem to be hated, much like my friend on a LHR flight last week who said she was going to the LHR base .... was called a SCAB by her colleagues onboard .... nice work guys.

If you cant accept Aussies going on contract to LHR, then you will HAVE to accept those 400 positions going to UK locals ...

This base is a reality, it will happen, nothing can stop it .... you also forget the 3,000 shorthaul FAAA members who can fly to any destination on the Longhaul network on the A330 .... they now have the hour limitations and it can go most places the 747 can .... and they cannot refuse to do so if we are on strike ---> that would be a secondary boycott, and that's illegal.

DO I agree with the LHR base ?? Not on principle... but I will not pass up the opportunity, as there is nothing that can stop it...

Yes I know people will lose money, but it is going to happen .... the crew are so focussed on this LHR base, they are forgetting what else the company are planning on doing during the next EBA .... and I believe thats the management plan...

You guys can bag me all you want .... you are just pointing out the fact that you cant cope with change .... I must admit the accelerated change of late is a shock, but I am doing the best I can to adapt ...

If the FAAA decides to call a strike over this .... they will lose, that is plainly obvious .... there are too many differently employed crew.

the ground staff who were promised a job, have just got them .... they have been seconded to flying for an eleven month period, my best friend is training them all ...

And the current longhaul permanents are so worried about their jobs, most will not strike .... it will just bring on the enivitable 'individual contracts' that have been threatened for years ....

My poij\nt of view is my own, and as with everone else on here I have the right to air it ...... bag me for it, but I have been in this company for too long to see this is already a lost fight ...

happy argument guys ....